YOUR SUPPORT COUNTS !
Youth for Social Development (YSD) undertakes its activities with the support from donor agencies and individuals. Your contribution will make a difference and help YSD to sustain its activities. Your Support will help the poor and underprivileged section of ODISHA in their socio-economic and democratic development.
Your contribution, however small it might be, will help us fight poverty and injustice. We would like to say ‘THANK YOU’ for the difference your contribution will make in someone’s life.
You can make a demand draft or crossed cheque in favour of “Youth for Social Development” and mail it to:
Youth for Social Development
9th Govind Vihar, Near Ruby Eye Hospital, Lochapada
Berhampur-760 001, Ganjam, Odisha, India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
We are Responding to Covid-19 Crisis
We just all do what we can to alleviate the suffering of the communities we live in and of those who are most unfortunate and at risk. We at YSD our staff members, volunteers are safe, active and have an eye on what is happening in the field. People at the community level are suffering most due to the Covid19 and following lockdown has created substantial hardship
- People in slums, remote rural areas, the marginalised, the migrants, the immigrants are the most vulnerable in terms of health, hygiene, basic sanitary, food and essentials
- The lockdown has created hardship for the informal sector workforce, marginalised section and the socially and economically backward sections including daily wage earners, domestic workers, street vendors, rickshaw pullers, drivers, delivery persons, small and medium businessmen, many lost their jobs and suffer due to lack of food and essentials.
- Frontline workforce and communities (medical and other support staff) are also more vulnerable to infection and poor hygiene.
- Migrant labourers in the state and outside the state have poor living conditions, no earning due to lockdown and no transport facilities to come back home and also great risk of infection of Covid19
As of now looking at the current situation we have identified few interventions/activities (non-exclusive) which need to implement quickly and are directly relied to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Raise citizen access to, and awareness of information, through enhanced knowledge and skill of the community in adopting the prescribed protection measures
- Engage with the government on benefits being programmed for them by the authorities and their responsibilities in flattening the curve
- Engage with the government and raise the issue of providing immediate economic assistance to the informal sector workforce on public platforms
- Help communities constructively to engage with authorities in design and implementation of programs to mitigate Corona Virus impact (health, social and economic)
- Help frontline medical personnel and communities stay safe and effective (through equipment and supplies) in helping people
- Enhance transparency and accountability (T&A) in government Corona Virus public expenditures
To reach out to more number of affected families we need your support. To make a donation please visit https://www.ysdindia.org/get-involved/donate/
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: +91-8114397760